Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Matthew Duran

Share it Please

My friend Matthew Duran is doing the AIDS/LifeCycle ride again this year. He keeps trying to enroll me but I haven't had the courage yet. So I suppress my guilt by making hefty sponsorship donations to his cause. :)

Actually, it has nothing to do with guilt, I absolutely love that he is doing this to raise funds and concsiouness about the AIDS epidemic. I love that some of my charitable giving goes to AIDS/LifeCycle through Matthew's effort. Every time I give a check to AIDS/LifeCycle through Matthew's efffort I think of the Global Heart Vision of a World that Works for Everyone.

To learn more about the AIDS/LifeCycle go to the link below. If you would like to contibute to Mattew's effort, please search for his name and support our own Sonoma County rider -- a member of the Center for Spiritual Living, Foundations Graduate and generally goofy person.

http://www.aidslifecycle.org/index.cfm

From Matthew's Home Page:

I'm riding again... Actually I love it, It is hard work and sometimes I hate the bike (especially when it is cold) and though I'm not really that social, I find the whole experience very uplifting to my soul and I'm making new friends all the time.

What is really heart lifting is when you can help someone, who is just trying their heart out, and just needs a bit of encouragement. The other things that are really heart lifting, yes, sometimes we forget why we are riding, so when you see someone, who has just lost a person they loved to AIDS, or someone whose life was saved by these organizations - it just reminds you...

A) your life no matter how crappy, is much better than you think.
B) Makes you really thankful that your life is full of the people that you have in your life...
C) Glad that you are doing something to help someone else


1 comment:

  1. ahh, you brought tears to my eyes, get ready for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com