Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

World Events, Privilege, Vision and Consciousness with Edward Viljoen, author of Ordinary Goodness

Share it Please

Click Here to View the Video on YouTube



This week’s topic is “Your Biggest Victim: You.” We are considering how we treat ourselves in the privacy of our own minds. Think about how you talk to yourself when you make a misstep. If there is any room for softening your words or developing a more compassionate approach, then commit to that this week. Ernest Holmes wrote in The Science of Mind (page 438) these wonderful words about developing a forgiving attitude: “What untold grief of heart might be relieved by words of cheer and forgiveness.” Each of us has the ability to take the first step toward establishing a consciousness of friendliness, not only with other people, but also with ourselves.

However, this week, I am not talking about the assigned topic in the video presentation.  Instead, I'm talking about the events taking place in our nation and attempting to understand them in the context of vision, privilege and consciousness.

Join me in affirming this week, “I choose to have peace of mind as my only goal. I choose to be an instrument of peace, love, and forgiveness.”


I invite you to join me in affirming this idea and posting it on the social media of your choice. If you have done so, I would love to hear from you about the results. You can email me at edward@cslsr.org. I’d love to hear from you.

Remember to tag your affirmation with the tags #TheGlobalVision and #AWorldThatWorksForEveryone


Warm regards,

Edward Viljoen



Coming on January 3, 2016, Ordinary Goodness, my new book.  Available now on Amazon for pre-order here:

Ordinary Goodness


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com