Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Generosity Of Spirit, With Edward Viljoen, author of Ordinary Goodness

Share it Please
One of the statements of belief in our movement is We believe in the eternal Givingness of Life to all. It is an affirmation of the generous and indiscriminate gift that Life gives to all without reservation. I grew up in a poor neighborhood in what would be considered today to be an economically challenged family. Nevertheless, we were pretty stable and I didn’t know that we were poor. I had to learn that from other children in school who pointed out to me that my clothing and shoes were worn out. 



(To watch the video below on YouTube click here)


The reason I didn’t know that I was poor is because my family was rich in the ability to give. We shared even the little that we had with all who came our way and we were taught to be generous with compliments and kindness. Because of this strong inclination to give in my family, I developed an easy and gracious attitude towards receiving. I learned that to receive, is itself a way of gifting the giver.
 
Join me this week in meditating on the meaning of this phrase: I am open to Life’s gifts, thankful for the constant flow of Good in every form into my life and into the world. I invite you to join me in affirming this idea and posting it on the social media of your choice. If you have done so, I would love to hear from you about the results. You can e-mail me at edward@cslsr.org. I’d love to hear from you. Remember to use the tags #TheGlobalVision and #AWorldThatWorksForEveryone in your media posts.
Warm regards,
Edward Viljoen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com